Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Wow!

Only two months until race day!  The Ulman Half Full Triathlon is October 3rd and I can't believe how fast time is flying!!  Lots of good things to report today :-)

My weight loss is actually noticeable to other people now.  My house mate has said things like "your necklace is longer" and "your toes are scrawny!", which is her way of telling me that she can see a difference.  Coworkers are asking me if I've lost weight, so are friends that I don't see every day, and the weight on my driver license is higher than my actual weight for the first time since high school!  This is good stuff!  One thing I didn't think about related to losing weight is the cost.  I can't wear any of the clothes I could wear when this all started last year.  Even my shoes are getting too big because my feet aren't as chubby as they once were.  This is getting expensive!  But, it's so worth it to be able to have extra room in a movie theater seat or to be able to walk into a store that I am not used to being able to shop in and buy something off the rack :-)

With my brother at our grandmother's 93rd birthday in June.
Health is very good.  I had a biopsy last month and it came back clear. Such a huge relief!  My other doctor decided to do some blood tests to see how my blood sugar, cholesterol, etc are looking since I changed my diet.  They were always within the normal range but they were also always very near the high end of normal.  Now, they're right in the middle of normal and my doctors were all very pleased.  My blood pressure has even gone down to 106/75.

Training is exhausting and totally invigorating!  I love it and am super excited, and nervous, about the race.  But, fitting training into my schedule is getting harder and harder.  Luckily, I've found that I really enjoy working out.  So, that's a big help.  But, my gym is cutting back its hours and I'm not sure how I'll be able to get there when they're open.  Even if it means changing gyms, I'll find a way :-)  So, my swim workouts are now a little over a mile.  I'm swimming farther than the triathlon requires but swimming in a pool and swimming in open water are very different.  I'm trying to find a couple of friends to do a few open water swims with between now and the race in October.  I hope that some of my nervousness will go away after I get a few good swims under my belt.  Wish me luck!!

Hope you're all having a great summer!
Cindy

2 comments:

  1. So proud of you Cindy! Keep up the awesome work!
    -Kristin in CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on blog Sites for a while now and today I felt like I should share my story because I was a victim too. I had HIV for 6 years and I never thought I would ever get a cure I had and this made it impossible for me to get married to the man I was supposed to get married to even after 2 years of relationship he broke up with me when he found out I was HIV positive. So I got to know about Dr. Itua on Blog Site who treated someone and the person shared a story of how she got cured and let her contact details, I contacted Dr. Itua and he actually confirmed it and I decided to give a try too and use his herbal medicine that was how my burden ended completely. My son will be 2 soon and I am grateful to God and thankful to his medicine too.Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Disease…Alzheimer’s disease,Bechet’s disease,Crohn’s disease,Parkinson's disease,Schizophrenia,Lung Cancer,Breast Cancer,Colo-Rectal Cancer,Blood Cancer,Prostate Cancer,siva.Fatal Familial Insomnia Factor V Leiden Mutation ,Epilepsy Dupuytren's disease,Desmoplastic small-round-cell tumor Diabetes ,Coeliac disease,Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease,Cerebral Amyloid Angiopathy, Ataxia,Arthritis,Amyotrophic Lateral Scoliosis,Fibromyalgia,Fluoroquinolone Toxicity
    Syndrome Fibrodysplasia Ossificans ProgresSclerosis,Seizures,Alzheimer's disease,Adrenocortical carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Hiv_ Aids,Herpe ,Copd,Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.Lupus.
    ,Cushing’s disease,Heart failure,Multiple Sclerosis,Hypertension,Colo_Rectal Cancer,Lyme Disease,Blood Cancer,Brain Cancer,Breast Cancer,Lung Cancer,Kidney Cancer, HIV, Herpes,Hepatitis B, Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid, Get Your Ex Back, If you have (A just reach him on drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whatsapp Number.+2348149277967)He can also advise you on how to handle some marital's issues. He's a good man. 

    ReplyDelete