Thursday, January 7, 2010

Striving for wellness in 2010!


Happy New Year Everyone!!!  I still can't believe that 2009 has ended and that it is already the 7th of January.  Where did last year go??  Well, there are now only ten months to the big event and I must admit that I am getting a little nervous.  I feel that I am on the right track with my goal of losing weight and getting fit, but that I definitely need to ramp it up if I am going to be able to complete my part of the big race.  My biggest concern is letting down my team mates and of course letting down myself. 

The path to better health and wellness is not an easy one and it does have its obstacles and challenges.  I have discovered during this journey that I am stronger than I thought I was and that I have more will power than I knew.  I have also discovered that losing weight is not about dieting but about making lifestyle changes.  It is about eating at home more and eating out less.  It is about really thinking about what I am going to eat each day and making good choices. 

A challenge for me is balancing work, my children and life in general with the need to excercise more.  I know that I need to incorporate more time for excercise, and I realize that means thinking more about me sometimes.  I am a cargiver by nature and by profession.  I tend to do things for others, but not always make time for myself.  My goal for this year (not a New Year's resolution because I don't believe in those) is to take the necessary time I need to increase my physical activity.

I am looking forward to the next ten months to see how much I can accomplish with my weight loss and fitness goals.  I hope that you will continue to follow the Slimdown Team's journey along the way.  I welcome helpful suggestions and supportive insight.

Pam :)

No comments:

Post a Comment