Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring has sprung!!


This is by far my favorite time of year, even if it does mean itchy eyes and a runny nose from all of the allergies. Working in San Francisco, I get to see the city come to life.  People get outside for walks or jogs during their lunch breaks and I get motivated to be outside and to be moving. 

This is a good thing for the survivor slim down because I’m very motivated to spend my evenings at the gym, in the swimming pool, or walking my dog.  I spend very little time at home and have honestly had to force myself to stay home tonight to write this blog.  But, there were things to share about my progress so it’s okay to skip one evening of activity :-)

The plateau I mentioned in my last post – it’s driving me crazy!!  I can’t stand this anymore and can’t quite figure out how to fix the problem.  I encountered this once before when I did Jenny Craig back in 1999.  I lost a bunch of weight, was going to the gym, and then quit losing weight all together.  My advisor’s response?  She told me to stop cheating.  I’ll admit, I have cheated this time.  I went wine tasting with friends last weekend, did some emotional eating last week when my great aunt lost her battle with cancer, and when I had a bunch of stuff to deal with at work.  But, this emotional eating was by no means a binge.  I ate 2 candy bars in one day and had fast food once that week.  Yes, that’s cheating.  Most people I know can get away with that little bit of cheating and see no repercussions.  Unfortunately for me, my metabolism can’t take it.

Today was biopsy day for me.  I can’t believe how quickly the last 4 months have flown by… which honestly makes me nervous about how quickly the next 5 ½ will go between now and the triathlon!  Biopsies are always hard.  They bring back emotions that I want to forget and memories that I wish weren’t there.  It’s not just the physical pain of having a biopsy that’s hard to get through.  Now, there is the waiting.  It could take anywhere from 3 days to 4 weeks to get the results back.  The waiting stinks!  However, I went into this biopsy with hope and a positive outlook and I truly feel that those things will have an impact on the results.  Keeping my fingers crossed for negative results!!

Happy Spring everyone!!  Don’t forget to enjoy the beauty that’s all around you.  Life is too short not to stop and smell the roses once in a while (even if it means that you’ll need a tissue later!)

Bye for now…
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment